Poem: Ghosts

Jul 20, 2017

I told the stars they were so bright
Lovely so accompany me in the night
The contrast are jokes
I was made to be in this dark
Laid me down with the pale moonlight
I melt into the sand
Seeping between grains 
Ignorantly hoping for the lost treasures buried among pirates bones
Ignorantly wanting what nothing can offers me tonight

These waves soothes no soul at run
It calms me for awhile
The undying commitment for the shore
Reassuringly repetiting loyally
Hypnotizing me to let go of my restless soul
Does the pirates longed to be drugged by these waves?

It calms me for awhile
I was everywhere
Seeping into vapours into the night sky meeting the stars
Can you let me be here and just let me out at night when I know everyone won't notice 
Living in limbo
Staying in oblivion
In between dreams
Brightly livid

The ghosts shook me up
Putting back pieces of me
I was doomed to never rest





12 comments

  1. This is so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats, you are bloglisted in mrs pip's bloglist for July - Aug 2017 T_T
    and nice poem :) ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG thanks for having me and thanks for the compliment too :*

      Delete
    2. Nice words. Thumbs up afifah

      Delete
  3. Love your poem 😍 Sekarang selalu nampak Afifah post di IG. Keep it up! 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful and I can't find the second word to describe it. It's quite imaginative too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to get this kind of response and truly, the imaginative part was quite hard. THANKS!

      Delete